Thursday, March 23, 2006

Baby Breakthrough

david hit a milestone this weekend. seneca, lisa, david and i visited cathy, jim and their 4-month old baby theo this weekend.

that wasn't the milestone.

but this was ...

David Feeding Theo

david has had a slight irrational fear of holding an infant. so not only did he confront his fear, he even stretched outside his comfort zone and fed theo.

we have contemplated adoption several times over the years. we're not sure if it will ever happen but seeing david holding and feeding a baby for the first time immediately brought tears to my eyes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Janis said...

You would make great parents!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want a practice run with a couple of kids, I'd be willing to ship mine out to you for a couple of weeks! They loved your backyard citrus grove. Every time I buy lemons, G asks if they are from your yard.

2:55 PM  
Blogger riseyp said...

Awwwwww! David *does* look great holidng that baby ;-)

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That is definitely a milestone! I remember when David didn't want to hold Riley when he was a baby. Looks like he's definitely making progress. They do grow up so fast that they only seem like infants for such a short time. :(

6:39 AM  
Blogger City Wiccan said...

Oh, that's sweet. We've also thought about adoption . . . well, let me rephrase that. . . I've thought about adoption and my partner is not into it.
I was hoping that if my partner were to hold more children it would change his mind too :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

How sweet, and he doesn't even look uncomfortable!

7:44 AM  
Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

that is a great photo! I too used to have that fear. congrats to david for stepping outside the zone.
i agree, you guys would be super parents!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home